MY OLYMPIC PROJECT
I am Alejandro
Aranzueque, I am 27 years old, I am a professional sailor and my dream is to
get involved in an Olympic Games. In finishing this course my goal will be to get my dream.
I started in the sailing
world at the Yacht Club Santa Pola, at age 6 I started as a crew member in the
cadet class and at 8 I started to participate in regattas in the Optimist
class.
With twelve years of my physical
development, I force myself to change classes and opt for Laser Radial. In this
class, I managed to be the Nº 1 of the Ranking of the Valencian Community, in
the seasons 2005, 2006, 2007.
In the 2005/2006 season,
I got my first national championship, in the Spanish Cup. That same year
LaFederación Española de Vela, selected me to participate in the European Laser
Radial, which was held in Italy. After finishing the season of Laser Radial, I
was proposed to participate in the Championship of Spain of the class Finn,
where I classify tenth and second juvenile. The successes achieved in the
2005/2006 season marked a turning point in my sports career and I set out to
work hard to reach the top in the world of sailing.
In the 2007 season The
Spanish Sailing Federation counted on me to participate in the World Youth
Championship of the Laser Radial Class, this championship was my farewell of
this class to embark on a new stage in the ClassLaser Standar.
In 2008, I participated
in the Olympic Week in Barcelona (Pharo World Race), where I obtained a good
classification, the national coach, noticed my talent and counted on me, to
help the Olympic team for the 2008 Olympics.
In 2009 The Spanish
Sailing Federation offered me the possibility of training in the CAR of
Santander with the Olympic Sailing Team. I packed my bags in September, looked
for housing and there I compiled studies and trainings. In Santander, I had the
opportunity to navigate in new, more technical classes, which demanded more
physical, so I ended up sailing in the Finn Class, and I got a new, more
competitive boat.
In the summer of 2011 I was offered a new challenge, to be part of the crew of the boat, Cuadernos Rubio, an unforgettable experience, which gives me the opportunity to sail with an elite team.
Being among the best requires effort, sacrifice, patience and training in the best possible conditions.




Comentarios
Publicar un comentario